* IMPORTANT | COVID-19 Virus Precaution
Please do not register for any training sessions if you (or any close family member) have travelled to a high risk country
and/or are showing symptoms of Corona virus infection.
TENNIS IN CYPRUS
Tennis is a very popular sport in Cyprus, enjoyed all year round, played by people of all ages and perfectly suited to
the sunny climate. It can be played by two people (called ‘playing singles’) or four people (‘doubles’). Players use
racquets to hit a ball over a net into the other side of the court.
A game of tennis involves a variety of types of play, including serving the ball over the net, rallies (when the ball is hit
back and forth between opponents), fast movements and strategic game play.
Tennis can be played as a high performance sport or as a recreational activity with friends and family. Either way,
playing tennis is a good sport to maintain your health, fitness, strength and agility. It has been calculated that an
hour-long game of singles tennis burns around 600 calories for men and 420 calories for women.
In addition to the fitness and physical health benefits, tennis also provides numerous social and mental health
benefits as well.
Mental, Health & Fitness Benefits of Tennis
Tennis is be a great workout and lots of fun. Playing tennis has many health benefits including:
- Increasing aerobic capacities.
- Lowering resting heart rate and blood pressure.
- Improving metabolic function.
- Increasing bone density.
- Lowering body fat.
- Improving muscle tone, strength and flexibility.
- Increasing reaction times.
Other Benefits of Tennis
- As well as being a great physical workout, tennis is also:
- Non-impact - low risk, yet high intensity sport.
- A great way to meet people and spend time with friends
- Suitable for all ages and skill levels. Whatever your level, you can find someone of a similar ability to play with
- Helpful in reducing stress and anxiety.
- Not dependent on youth or strength – you can play for a lifetime or start the game at any age
- played all over Cyprus and throughout the world.
Starting to Play
Tennis is very popular in Cyprus and is played in organised competitions as well as social games. In order to play
tennis you need a racquet, a ball, a court with a net, and an opponent. However to play well (or even at tournament
- Avoid playing with a pre-existing illness or injury. If in doubt, talk to your doctor.
- Warm up your muscles and joints before hitting the court.
- Maintain an adequate fitness level. Undertake conditioning and training exercises specific to the physical
demands of tennis.
- Occasionally, injuries caused through repetition of strokes can occur in tennis. Correct technique and playing
the volume of tennis appropriate to your fitness levels can prevent injury. Make sure you have plenty of fluids
on hand and drink regularly.
- Play at a level according to your age and physical condition.
- If the court conditions are wet, consider playing indoors or postponing your match or training, especially if the
surface is slippery.
The locations of training session and courses are announced to students directly.
Contact Telephones: +357 99810833 | 99417774 | Email: Info@Atomic-Tennis.com
Tennis Training & Mastery
Technique, Strategy & Tournament Training